Cost effective, Scalable Cloud Solution for connected vehicle telematics
1CloudHub helped the automotive manufacturer (Ashok Leyland) with a Cost-effective, Scalable Cloud Solution for Connected vehicle telematics
About the client
Ashok Leyland is considering PaaS alternatives to the IaaS deployment of the iAlert application on GCP for the following reasons
- Improved reliability of the clusters
- Lesser maintenance overheads
- Better cost efficiency
The current implementation on GCP provides live tracking and KPI reporting capabilities for 200,000 + mechanical vehicles drawing data from 6 different streams on Trimble.
- Deployment on AWS from GCP
- Live stream, KPI metrics on iAlert
- Baseline performance using EMRFS for HBase
- Optionally export data in Parquet format to S3 for adhoc queries and ML use cases
In the setup, we deployed MapReduce and Redshift clusters on which iAlert will be implemented.
A guaranteed a 99.99% up-time with a commercially backed SLA from AWS.
Reduced cost of the solution by nearly 20% and management overheads
No licensing costs and Scale on demand
Used Services like EMR, Athena, Kinesis, KMS
Please write to us at email@example.com, if you wish to explore further on this deployment.